DARKROOM CLUB MEMBERSHIP
WE ARE EXCITED TO OFFER AN AFFORDABLE ANALOG SPACE
FOR OUR FRIENDS WHO WANT TO GET BACK INTO THE DARKROOM!
WE ARE LOCATED IN ESCONDIDO, CALIFORNIA
Here’s What Our Black and White Darkroom OFFERS:
- OUR DARKROOM HAS A SINK AREA WITH THREE POSITIONS FOR BLACK AND WHITE FILM DEVELOPING, AND THREE ENLARGERS FOR BLACK AND WHITE PRINTING OF UP TO 4X5 NEGATIVES.
- WE OFFER SHORT DARKROOM REFRESHER COURSES AND FULL CLASSES IN DARKROOM AND ALTERNATIVE PROCESSES.
- WE ARE OPEN TWICE A WEEK FOR PUBLIC RENTAL OF THE FACILITIES: WEDNESDAY EVENINGS FROM 6PM-10PM & SUNDAYS FROM 10AM-2PM
- VIEW OUR INTERACTIVE CALENDARS HERE FOR AVAILABILITY FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE ENLARGER AND FILM DEVELOPING TIME.
- WE ALSO OFFER PRIVATE CLASSES IN BEGINNING FILM AND DIGITAL CAMERA USE, DIGITAL PRINTING, INTRO TO CYANOTYPE AND LOCATION WORKSHOPS.
WHAT THE LAB HAS TO OFFER:
- Three enlargers each with capability of up to 4x5
- 2 Simmons Omega D2 with Schneider, Rodenstock, El Nikkor lenses
- 1 Devere with built in filters, ability to make up to 16x20 enlargements, all lenses
- All neg carriers plus 4x5 glass neg carriers
- Saunders Omega 11x14 easels at each position + a variety of smaller easels
- complete sets of multigrade filters for D2s
- grain focuser
- image focuser
- accurate electronic timers
- foot pedal available
- paper cutter
- air drying print racks
- all chemicals including Dektol, fixer, stopbath, archival print wash
- upright archival print washers
- 16x20 mountpress
- you just bring your negatives and paper
- someone on duty to help you
- Film Changing/Loading Tent
- Developing Tanks: 8oz, 16oz, 32oz
- 1 4x5 Swedish made Combi Tank, 6 sheets at a time
- Pro 35 Stainless Steel Reels, 120 Stainless Reels, 220 Stainless Reel
- Patterson Plastic Tanks and Reels
- 3 Positions for Film Development
- 3 Upright Circular Washers
- 3 GraLab Timers
- Chemicals on hand: D-76, Kodak Fixer, Stopbath (if you use) and PhotoFlo
- Film Dryer and Kimtech Film Wipes
- Light Table, Magnifier, Scissors, + Negative Sleeves (available for sale)
About Darkroom Use Fees: Everyone will be vetted before darkroom or film developing use. You must sign up and pay for the one-time Darkroom Club fee in order to use our film or print-making lab. Included in the $60 Club Fee is a one hour darkroom refresher course. Lab time is in blocks of 2, 3, or 4 hour times with a 2 hour minimum. Sign up for film or print times separately as needed.
1. Please be sure your film is NOT Kodak BW400CN or Ilford Super XP2. These films can only be processed in C41 color chemistry, WHICH WE DO NOT HAVE!
2. If you must CANCEL or RESCHEDULE, please do so 24 hours prior to your scheduled time or your lab fee will be forfeit.
JOIN THE DARKROOM CLUB
One Time Fee $60
Includes a Darkroom Refresher Course with Donna Cosentino.
Wednesday refresher 5-6pm (2 person max )
Sunday refresher 9-10am (2 person max )
Click HERE to Sign up for Darkroom Time